无码少妇一区二区三区免费,妓院一钑片免看黄大片,国语自产视频在线,亚洲AV成人无码国产一区二区,激情久久综合精品久久人妻,日韩免费毛片,综合成人亚洲网友偷自拍,国内自拍视频在线观看,欧美熟妇性xxxx交潮喷,国产成人精品一区二免费网站

 
Feature: Fear of new cholera wave rising in war-torn Yemen
                 Source: Xinhua | 2018-09-04 04:14:35 | Editor: huaxia

A cholera-infected child receives medical treatment at a hospital in Sanaa, Yemen, on Sept. 2, 2018. (Xinhua/Mohammed Mohammed)

by Mohamed al-Azaki

SANAA, Sept. 3 (Xinhua) -- Fear of a possible third deadly wave of cholera is rising in Yemen, as a public hospital in Sanaa is receiving over 60 suspected cases of the epidemic each day, mostly children.

The United Nations humanitarian agencies have recorded more than 1.1 million suspected cases and more than 2,300 associated deaths since April last year, labeling the country with "the largest outbreak on record."

Al-Sabeen Maternity and Child Hospital in Sanaa is filled with groans and cries of children and mothers suffered from the epidemic, sounding the alarm over the most humanitarian tragedy of the country in the modern age.

Lujain Muammar has been lying on the hospital bed in the intensified care unit of the cholera treatment section for several days.

"She began crying after we had a lunch at a house of our relatives ... and then she went into persistent vomiting and watery diarrhea," Fatima, the mother of the six-year-old girl, told Xinhua.

"Her legs were then cramped and she went into coma ... we quickly brought her here," the mother recalled, sitting beside Lujain.

The father, Muammar, was a government employee and relied on his monthly salary until the deadly civil war broke out in March 2015. He has since become jobless like hundreds of thousands of Yemeni civil servants who gone largely unpaid due to the war.

Lujain's doctor Ismail al-Mansour said the girl was badly infected with cholera and unfortunately, she is also malnourished.

"Lujain needs a long-term treatment from both cholera and malnutrition and she must remain in the hospital under close medical observation," the doctor said.

At the time, Tahir al-Refaei was rushing down the hospital corridor to the cholera treatment section, carrying his wife in his arms.

"Please help," al-Refaei told the doctors while putting his wife on the bed, and the doctors immediately started examinations on her.

"She has been suffering from severe diarrhea and continuing vomiting all the night, so I rushed her here," al-Refaei said.

He told Xinhua that a female relative of his family died four days ago from the cholera infection. The family did not take her to the hospital and she died after the disease led her to dehydration and kidney failure.

Nearly all beds in this hospital suite were occupied by children and young girls.

Doctor Adel al-Almani, the head of the cholera treatment section of the hospital, told Xinhua that the section receives an average of 60 to 70 suspected cases everyday, mostly children under the age of seven.

"I notice that the numbers of infected cases are increasing recently," doctor al-Almani said.

Nearly 25 million Yemenis have been lacking access to clean drinking water since the war erupted.

Moreover, it has since become a common sight to see piles of garbage mingled with stinking green watery filth littered the streets across the neighborhoods, causing the spread of major fatal diseases.

Last week, Peter Salama, deputy director-general of emergency preparedness and response of the World Health Organization, warned that the war-torn country is still vulnerable to the spreading epidemic.

"We've had two major waves of cholera epidemics in recent years, and unfortunately, the trend data that we've seen ... suggests that we are maybe on the cusp of the third major wave of cholera epidemic in Yemen," Salama said.

Back to Top Close
Xinhuanet

Feature: Fear of new cholera wave rising in war-torn Yemen

Source: Xinhua 2018-09-04 04:14:35

A cholera-infected child receives medical treatment at a hospital in Sanaa, Yemen, on Sept. 2, 2018. (Xinhua/Mohammed Mohammed)

by Mohamed al-Azaki

SANAA, Sept. 3 (Xinhua) -- Fear of a possible third deadly wave of cholera is rising in Yemen, as a public hospital in Sanaa is receiving over 60 suspected cases of the epidemic each day, mostly children.

The United Nations humanitarian agencies have recorded more than 1.1 million suspected cases and more than 2,300 associated deaths since April last year, labeling the country with "the largest outbreak on record."

Al-Sabeen Maternity and Child Hospital in Sanaa is filled with groans and cries of children and mothers suffered from the epidemic, sounding the alarm over the most humanitarian tragedy of the country in the modern age.

Lujain Muammar has been lying on the hospital bed in the intensified care unit of the cholera treatment section for several days.

"She began crying after we had a lunch at a house of our relatives ... and then she went into persistent vomiting and watery diarrhea," Fatima, the mother of the six-year-old girl, told Xinhua.

"Her legs were then cramped and she went into coma ... we quickly brought her here," the mother recalled, sitting beside Lujain.

The father, Muammar, was a government employee and relied on his monthly salary until the deadly civil war broke out in March 2015. He has since become jobless like hundreds of thousands of Yemeni civil servants who gone largely unpaid due to the war.

Lujain's doctor Ismail al-Mansour said the girl was badly infected with cholera and unfortunately, she is also malnourished.

"Lujain needs a long-term treatment from both cholera and malnutrition and she must remain in the hospital under close medical observation," the doctor said.

At the time, Tahir al-Refaei was rushing down the hospital corridor to the cholera treatment section, carrying his wife in his arms.

"Please help," al-Refaei told the doctors while putting his wife on the bed, and the doctors immediately started examinations on her.

"She has been suffering from severe diarrhea and continuing vomiting all the night, so I rushed her here," al-Refaei said.

He told Xinhua that a female relative of his family died four days ago from the cholera infection. The family did not take her to the hospital and she died after the disease led her to dehydration and kidney failure.

Nearly all beds in this hospital suite were occupied by children and young girls.

Doctor Adel al-Almani, the head of the cholera treatment section of the hospital, told Xinhua that the section receives an average of 60 to 70 suspected cases everyday, mostly children under the age of seven.

"I notice that the numbers of infected cases are increasing recently," doctor al-Almani said.

Nearly 25 million Yemenis have been lacking access to clean drinking water since the war erupted.

Moreover, it has since become a common sight to see piles of garbage mingled with stinking green watery filth littered the streets across the neighborhoods, causing the spread of major fatal diseases.

Last week, Peter Salama, deputy director-general of emergency preparedness and response of the World Health Organization, warned that the war-torn country is still vulnerable to the spreading epidemic.

"We've had two major waves of cholera epidemics in recent years, and unfortunately, the trend data that we've seen ... suggests that we are maybe on the cusp of the third major wave of cholera epidemic in Yemen," Salama said.

010020070750000000000000011105091374421581
国内精品伊人久久久久网站| 国产极品粉嫩福利姬萌白酱| 精品无码国产一区二区三区AV| 国产精品店无码一区二区三区| 免费人成视频欧美| 国产日韩精品国产二区| 日韩无码电影| 欧美va天堂在线电影| 亚洲成年av天堂动漫网站| 国产精品人妻在线观看| 一个人看的www高清视频| 我们高清日本免费观看| 亚洲成a人片在线观看中文!!!| 欧美人与动牲交ZOOZ乌克兰| 最新国产精品拍自在线观看| 97超级碰碰碰免费视频公开| 日韩黄色视频| 麻豆国产在线精品国偷产拍| 性刺激的大陆三级视频| 国产精品啪| 亚洲人成影院在线观看| 国产玩具酱一区二区三区| 亚洲色成人一区二区三区| 国产人妇三级视频在线观看| 国产区成人精品视频| 亚洲av无码一区二区乱子仑| 老司机午夜精品网站在线观看| 全部无卡免费的毛片在线看| 久久亚洲人成网站| 在线欧美国产| 在线观看国产一区二区三区| 亚洲成a人片在线观看www| 国产成人高清亚洲综合| 真实国产老熟女无套中出| 丝袜美腿亚洲综合伊人 | 国产美女被遭强高潮网站不再| 国产亚洲精品美女久久久| 久久91精品牛牛| 国产精品无码免费播放| 亚洲中文无码成人片| 亚洲精品另类|